- Fast running
- Running for long-distances
- Fast running tips
- Benefits of fast running for health
Speedy running is known as a foot race of a certain distance at a high speed, The distance in fast running ranges between 100 and 200 meters. The race track is marked with lanes for each runner, so he must race along with his lanes line.
In the past, they were using a steady start, And after 1884 they started using a device called the starting block to fix the contestants’ feet and their readiness, And the race was starting with gunfire sign. Then at the start of the race, the runners run at a speed up to 40 km per hour (25 mph) over a distance of 55 to 65 meters, after which the contestants begin to slow down due to fatigue.
Running for a long-distances
There are several types of long-distance running, including Athletics that are based on a track or field designated for races, with a distance of between 3000, 30000, 20000, 10000 meters, so that it includes races across countries and Olympic events that take place on the roads knowing that The path distance is between 5000 and 10,000 meters.
In addition to the marathon that reaches a distance of 42195 meters, and races for medium-distance distances that are between 800 to 1500 meters.
Fast running tips
Runners have a steady rhythm of running, such as running long and fast steps, while maintaining the movement of hands, and care when running to touch the forefoot to the ground first, then the heel, to avoid hurting the foot because of pressure on it for long distances, and on different and unequal areas of the foot.
Benefits of fast running for health
Running has many benefits, including:
- Running helps lower blood pressure, by maintaining and widening the elasticity of the arteries.
- Running helps to maximize the potential of the lungs, by making them strong, because taking a deep breath forces the lungs to use more tissue.
- Rapid running and large muscle exercises help to maintain the heart system and work effectively and help prevent heart attacks, strengthen the heart, and keep the arteries open, in addition to that it increases blood flow well.