- The best time to exercise
- Doing exercise early in the morning
- Exercising in the afternoon and evening
- Benefits of playing sports
- Tips to encourage exercise
The World Health Organization has defined physical activity as any physical movement produced by the skeletal muscles, which requires energy exchange, such as activities during work, play, housework, travel, and recreational activities. As for exercise, it is a sub-part of the physical activity that is planned and done. and repeated a number of times it aims to improve and maintain physical fitness, and lack of physical activity is considered one of the main risk factors for death, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes.
It is worth noting that 80% of teenagers in the world do not exercise enough physical activity, as well as one in every four people in the world is not doing enough physical activity.
The best time to exercise
It is difficult to find time to exercise with the busy work schedule and social life, and the results of the studies seem to contradict the best time to practice sports, so exercise is important regardless of the time of day, as it is really important to find the right time
It is worth noting that it is possible to try exercising in the morning, at noon, and early in the evening to find out the appropriate time for a person to enjoy and feel better, It is also possible to diversify in times and exercises to maintain activity and not boredom.
Be careful not to exercise immediately after meals, as it is advisable to wait an hour and a half after eating a heavy meal to do exercises, This is because the blood that the body needs to move muscles goes to the digestive system to carry out digestion.
The following explains the benefits of exercising at different times of the day:
Doing exercise early in the morning
Several studies indicate that early morning is the best time to exercise, and the following points explain why:
- Exercising in the morning increases physical activity throughout the day: it increases the metabolic rate, which means that the person will continue to burn calories throughout the day compared to exercising in the evening.
- Exercising in the morning helps to improve the ability to sleep compared to exercises in the afternoon or evening: which may negatively affect sleep, as it increases the heart rate and body temperature, and sweating in the late-night can hamper the ability to Sleep.
- Exercising on an empty stomach helps you burn more fat: The burning of fat increases by 20% when doing exercises on an empty stomach before breakfast.
Exercise in the afternoon and evening
Some studies have found that the body’s ability to exercise is higher In the afternoon and evening, the following points explain why:
- Body temperature between two and six in the evening at the highest levels: It is the period when the body is more ready for exercise, which enhances muscle mass, enzyme activity, and endurance.
- The body’s reaction speed increases in the afternoon and evening: which is important to do intense exercises, such as frequent high-intensity training, using the running machine, and the heart rate and blood pressure are lower in the late afternoon, which reduces the risk of injuries, and improves performance.
- The ability of the body to absorb oxygen increases in the evening: therefore, the body needs less time to warm up, which increases the effectiveness of exercises and the person’s ability to focus on them.
- It helps to have a good sleep: One study showed that people who lift weights in the evening enjoy better sleep and for a longer period compared to people who exercised the same exercise in the morning, but this benefit may not apply to all people.
Benefits of playing sports
You can do a variety of exercises, such as walking, jogging, swimming, dancing, and the following points show the benefits of physical and mental exercise when exercising regularly:
- It improves mood, reduces feelings of anxiety, tension, and depression regardless of the severity of physical activity, as it helps increase the brain’s sensitivity to Serotonin and Norepinephrine, which helps to reduce feelings of depression.
- Increases metabolic rates, burning calories, losing extra weight, and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It plays a vital role in building and maintaining muscles and bones with age, as it reduces the risk of osteoporosis, reduces fatigue, and raises energy levels.
- Improves brain functions, memory and thinking skills as it increases the heart rate, which enhances blood and oxygen flow to the brain.
- Chronic pain relieves and increases endurance, such as chronic lower back pain and fibromyalgia.
- It improves skin health and delays signs of aging, as it promotes blood flow.
Tips to encourage exercise
The following points show some tips to encourage exercise and make it part of the daily routine:
- Exercising daily habits in a more active manner, such as going up the stairs instead of the elevator, walking to a co-worker’s office instead of sending an email, washing the car.
- Doing activities with friends and family. Having a workout companion helps you enjoy them.
- Enjoyable exercise, as you can listen to music or watch TV while exercising.
- Look for activities that can be done when the weather is bad, such as walking in shopping centers, climbing stairs, and exercising in the gym.